Shrimp King Active Soil - 4L Bag
MSRP: $39.99 (Log in for Wholesale Pricing)
Model No. DE-SKS4
PGS Item #10-800-00172
Created from a variety of carefully selected natural materials, ShrimpKing Active Soil provides essential minerals and trace elements, which promote the health and growth of shrimps.
ShrimpKing Active Soil has been precisely developed for the successful care and breeding of shrimp. It is mainly suited to all species that like soft, mildly acidic water, particularly bee shrimp, such as the popular Crystal Red, Red Bee, Tiger Bees and Shadow Shrimp.
It changes the water to be more like that which soft water species are comfortable with in their natural habitats. As a natural ion exchanger it lowers the pH and stabilizes it at a slightly acidic level (approx. pH 6.0-6.5). It simultaneously decreases the carbonate hardness – down to approx. 0-2 °d CH depending on the water source - and consequently makes the water significantly softer.
This substrate also offers a natural source of humic and fulvic acids, without discoloring the water.
- The grains have a natural appearance with irregular shapes and a diameter of 1-4 mm
- The dark black shade provides striking contrast with the bright colors of the shrimp
- Porous surface is ideal for beneficial bacteria to colonize, which makes it tremendously well suited to use with substrate filter systems
- Will not discolor water
- Fosters growth – bacteria, single-cell organisms, single-cell algae and other microorganisms – as a valuable, natural food source, particularly for baby shrimp
- Binds harmful substances for a healthy habitat
- Also ideal for all tropical fish and plant species that prefer soft, somewhat acidic water
- Does not encourage excessive algae
- The use of Shrimp King Bee Salt in combination with osmosis water lengthens the useful life of ShrimpKing Active Soil